ECO 7.5t Horsebox - Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR 7.5 TONNE ECO-MEMBERSHIP
In consideration of the requisite fee having been paid, the person named overleaf (hereinafter known as the Member) shall receive Associate Membership of The Organisation of Horsebox and Trailer Owners (hereinafter known as The Organisation) for the period of one year from the date of acceptance and shall have the right to participate in all benefits which The Organisation shall offer from time to time.
No agent, contractor or servant of The Organisation or PRP Rescue Services Limited has any authority to alter or vary these terms and conditions in any way. They may be varied only by express written agreement, signed by a Director of PRP Rescue Services Limited.
The Organisation shall have the right to refuse or cancel membership if it is deemed necessary in order to protect the interests of The Organisation and its Members.
Membership will commence at 12,00am (midnight) on the day that membership payment is processed by The Organisation.
BREAKDOWN RESCUE SERVICE
Every Member, or their agent, shall automatically be entitled to the services of the OHTO Rescue scheme. The principal benefits, terms and conditions are set out below:
If the Member's horsebox (hereinafter known as the Vehicle) should be immobilised by a breakdown within a 100 mile radius of the registered member/vehicle home/parking address whilst carrying livestock, OHTO Rescue will arrange for roadside assistance. Should the vehicle be un-repairable then recovery of the vehicle, up to three passengers and separate recovery of the livestock will be provided to any one destination within a 100 mile radius of the breakdown location.. The Organisation will pay for the cost of providing emergency repairs which are essential to enable the Vehicle to continue its journey or the above stated recoveries subject to the following terms:
THE BREAKDOWN RESCUE SERVICE DOES NOT COVER:
1) Any vehicle over 7.5 tonnes (laden)
2) Any Vehicle not carrying livestock at the time of breakdown and specifically manufactured or adapted for the carriage of said livestock.
3) Any Vehicle subject to a hire or lease agreement.
4) A Vehicle which has not been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations or is not in good mechanical or roadworthy condition. Maintenance records may be requested.
5) Any recovery resulting from accident, fire or theft that would normally be covered by vehicle insurance.
6) Any claim arising from circumstances known to the Member at the time of applying for cover or at any time prior to the commencement of a journey, or any claim arising as a result of a fact or facts material to this agreement where such fact or facts have not been fully disclosed to The Organisation.
7) Any wilful act or omission of the Member, including but not limited to lost/trapped keys, incorrect fuel/out of fuel.
8) Breakdown occurring, requiring service, within a one mile radius of either the Member's home address or normal garaging location of the Member's Vehicle.
9) The provision of the service to any Vehicle involved in an accident or which has suffered external damage i.e. Mirrors, or is ditched or bogged or been temporarily disabled by flood, snow, sand or mud.
10) Damage, defects, wear and tear or gradual deterioration of any part of the Vehicle caused by or from ordinary usage which does not necessitate immediate stoppage (this to include loading ramps and ramp mechanisms).
11) Vehicles subject to a prohibition order imposed by the Police or Vehicle Inspectorate. (This includes plating failures at plating test stations)
12) Vehicles used for demonstration or delivery by the Motor Trade, or used under Trade Plates.
13) The cost of fuel, oil or other materials or spare parts.
14) The cost of recovery to more than one nominated address for either vehicle or livestock in respect of any one breakdown.
15) Breakdown of any Vehicle which is being used in contravention of the law or current VOSA/DEFRA legislation or which is being used for an illegal purpose.
16) Breakdown resulting from freezing of diesel fuel unless a recognised and recommended fuel additive has been used.
This agreement applies only to breakdowns occurring within the territorial limits of the United Kingdom and within 100 miles of the registered member/vehicle home/parking address.
1) Current legislation requires that horse passports must be carried at all times. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of equine transportation and/or the incurrence of chargeable costs.
2) The Member shall take all ordinary and reasonable precautions to prevent loss, damage or breakdown to the Vehicle, i.e. out of fuel, wrong fuel input, lost or trapped keys or recurring fault.
3) The Member will be required to reimburse to The Organisation within seven days of any request, any expense incurred by The Organisation in providing any service under this agreement for which The Organisation is not responsible.
4) A 15% Service Charge may be added to any expense incurred by The Organisation in providing any service under this agreement for which The Organisation is not responsible.
5) Should any account in breach of our payment terms and conditions be passed to our third party collection agency the minimum charge for that agency service is £25.00.
6) This membership is personal to the Member's registered Vehicle and shall not be assigned.
7) OHTO Rescue have the right to refuse rescue service to any Member not in possession of a current Membership Card and able to quote their current membership number. The Member or his/her representative must be present when assistance arrives.
8) OHTO Rescue telephone operators are not expected to know the terms and conditions of every caller's membership, this is the responsibility of the individual Member.
9) The Organisation and its Members shall, at all times in respect of the Rescue Service, be bound by the current terms and conditions as laid down by OHTO Rescue, copies of such terms will be available on request.
10) The Organisation, its agents, servants or independent contractors may, at their discretion, refuse or charge for service where a Member's use of or request for that service is deemed to be excessive, unreasonable or impractical (this to include more than four passengers including driver).
11) Whilst The Organisation will take all reasonable care, it is a term of membership that The Organisation and its contractors accept no liability whatsoever in respect of loss, or delay to the Member's Vehicle and contents which will be, and remain, at the Member's sole risk, and the Member shall indemnify The Organisation and its contractors from and against all claims, costs and demands whatsoever and by whomsoever made and howsoever arising from negligence or otherwise.
12) Any dispute relating to services received via membership to be notified to the membership office within seven days of occurrence.
13) All callouts must be cancelled by the Member, if assistance by OHTO/PRP Rescue is no longer required.
14) The membership fee is non-refundable.
In the event of emergency breakdown, only the emergency centre of OHTO Rescue are be contacted to arrange for assistance; in the event of a tyre problem, then only PRP Tyres Services are to be contacted.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Engand.